Pilot Pre Amp 216A

Dylanl

Brett,

Almost every piece of gear Pilot made was very nice maybe not the top of the line in build quaility like Marantz or McIntosh but very nice just the same. They equaled Fisher and Scott in every way. I can't remember what model the 216A is but I've done a few pilot preamps that I thought were very nice. At one time Paul (parrot) had his eyes on the coolest of the cool Pilot tube preamps with VU meters on the front. The auction if I remember right ended up like $1200! This piece of gear was so cool looking I would of loved to own one. I wanted Paul to buy it so bad I would probably freshened it up for free. I've never seen another one up for sale[:(]

Craig

That's what this one has. To gages on the front. I borrowed it from a friend. I would like to tell him that I just can't seem to find it to bring it back.[:D]

Here is a picture. Are we talking the same unit?

I know about audiogon and the like I have sold multiple items there. When I stated anyone know about them I meant specific inside information on current where abouts etc.

Thanks anyway

post-12799-13819276132256_thumb.jpg

No hiss. I am comparing this to the Dynaco PAM 1s that I have. I just like this better. The chassis construction leaves something to be desired but the sound is good. I can get a few more pics. What would you like to see before I give it back?

Brett

Keep in mind when comparing it to the PAM I's your not comparing it to much. Some innard pictures would be awesome. I don't care how it sounds if I had one if it didn't sound great that wouldn't last long.

Craig

I own a Pilot 232 power amp and to me it sounds better than my Mcintosh 225, maybe it's the power tubes it uses(EL84). You don't seem to hear much about Pilot amps, but when you do, it's all good. I have yet to hear someone say they didn't like the sound of their Pilot amp. My Pilot 232 has sonics to die for, it ended my search for a power amp to use with my Heresy II's