Any of you anywhere near NYC should make EVERY effort to hear/see this show!!

Allan Songer

I think I have just about every album Von Freeman ever played on--I could be missing some I guess, but if so they have to be VERY obscure.

If you cruise ebay you can find his two albums for NESSA from the mid 70's for about ten bucks each--they are INCREDIBLE!! They turn up every couple of months.

The two Premonition albums before "The Great Divide" are still in print and are MUST-HAVES in my opinion-- "Live at the Dakota" and "The Improvisor."

Ifyou enjoy Von in a straight ahead setting, you might like to pick up the Louis Smith album called "Silvering" from a few years back/ Yes, it's the same Louis Smith who made the two killer Blue Note LPs in 1958 and then dropped out. Well, he came back with a vengence in the late 80's and has put out a whole string of great albums on Steeplechase.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B000027TWL001004/1/104-5742395-6755112

amg1921204724_1617.jpg?rm_____Dw26kbnl1

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000027TWL/yahoomusic2-20/ref%3Dnosim/104-5742395-6755112

Many moons ago I used to work a block away from Andy's. I guess I was just too young to appreciate it. Stopped in a couple of times, didn't get it. Wasn't Rock N Roll:)

The New Apartment Lounge isn't exactly in the best of hoods. Never been, but based on the address IM not sure my car would still be there when I left. Only 14 miles, maybe a cab ride is in my future?

Pete

Dude, if you're worried about your car, ride the Bonneville and park it at the front door!

I guess I just don't worry all that much about stuff like this--I've parked my car in some SERIOUSLY bad 'hoods in both LA and Oakland over the years and have never had a problem. I just make sure never to park on "side streets."