Surrounds for KLF system/ Wanted: KLF-C7

leerocker

Long time reader, infrequent poster here...

I just began my upgrade from an original synergy series system (KSF's)

to a KLF HT by picking up some KLF-10s. I got them cheap because the

cases were a little beat. (since refinished them to look brand new!)

What surround speakers work well for 7.1 with a KLF system? And i

dont mean in an ideal world, i mean in reality. Theres no way i

can fit 4 more KLF-10s behind me! Do i go SB's, KSBs?

Also, does anyone have a modest priced C7 that accepts paypal and would

ship to NH? I see them on eBay once and a while. Do they always go for

$300+?!! How about a swap for KSF-C5 + $?

Lastly, my ksf 8.5 mains are probably going to be put up for sale, dont

know if i feel like shipping them though. Let me know if you are

interested. Serious offers only please.

THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE!!!

Once you rule out any variation of the KLF-10's, 20's or 30's your choices are limited if you want a timbre matching system (some people take HornEd's approach of turning those speakers on their sides and moving the drivers around - Redtop could give you some good advice on this).

Your best bet for timbre matching speakers would be to use a series of KLF-C7's in the rear. An alternative to this would be the KSP-S6's - which match perfectly - but some people don't like the dipolar speakers. Some of the heritage line speakers match as well, but the C7's/S6's would be the smallest alternatives.

I would recommend starting with a well-done 5.1 system using a pair of C7's, and then decide if you really need the additional channels in the rear. At that point, you could simply proceed from 5.1 to 6.1 to 7.1 as you find more C7's.

Paying $300 per speaker for surrounds seems like it might be hard to justify when i paid less than 200 for the pair of klf-10s.

Good score on the 10's! That would be hard to swallow considering the deal you found!

If you can find a way to do it, another pair of 10's would make very strong rear speakers (in a 5.1 setup). I just set a good friend up with a system very similar to mine. We put a pair of 10's in the rear and he is THRILLED with them. A well designed, matching, 5.1 systems will perform amazing well.

If you can fit the 10's in the rear, you may also want to consider staying with 5.1 and look for a deal on some KLF-20's or 30's for the FRONT, and move your 10's to the back. You will be SHOCKED at the difference between the 10's and 20's.

You should be able to get into a pair of 20's for what it would cost you to do two C7's in the rear. With your deal-finding ability, you should be able to do even better!

Thanks for the advice Influx. Im going to keep my eye on what i might be able to find on eBay for a good price. In the meantime i think ill use my my ksf 8.5 towers as rears and when i can find a C7 put my C5 in the rear center until i am able to completely switch over to the legend series. klf10 rears i bet is just insane (in a good way). My ksf's actually are a somewhat close timbre match the klf-10s, so until i can get my hands on the rest i will still be listening in style. Finding room wont be so easy though, these are not small speakers.

Thanks again. Anyone interested in swaps let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am thinking seriously about listing my KLF-C7 center channel (Medium Oak finish) on eBay. It is sealed in it's original carton and has NEVER been out of the box. This purchase had been the starting point for my home theater(speaker portion) but I am unable to go that direction due to health problems. I realize you are looking for some sort of a trade so I hope I am not wasting your time but I thought you might know of the "best" forum for selling this new speaker. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...