I took the plunge and love it - quartets, academy, sw8, rs3, yamaha rx-v757

carjulreyes

I took the plunge and setup my home theater, thanks to some advice from my first post. My ht setup is Quartet mains, Academy center, SW8 sub, and RS-3 for surrounds. I found the Academy by chance at a place in Oregon, just googling for klipsch academy. The place is Echo Audio, website: echohifi.com. Just emailed and called them up, Kurt was a great guy to talk to, very responsive to questions, honest and gave me a great deal with shipping compared to what the academy was going for on ebay. Shipping was FedEx and they boxed the speaker up really well. I would definitely buy from them again.

I picked up the Yamaha RX-V757receiver and a demo RS-3's at a local sound shop with some RS-35's on order. I decided to get the smaller RS-3 surrounds as opposed to full sized speakers (ie. another set of quartets, fortes, etc.) after talking to the guy at the shop. The two factors involved were I would not be able to easily fit another set full sized speakers in the room and for my purposes the diffused sound from the dipole type speakers would be sufficient. I did notice the slight timbre difference between the mains and surrounds when listening to dvd audio discs. But I may have been looking for it or heard it because I'm aware of the difference. I still need to invite some friends over who are into this stuff to check it out, but my wife didn't notice anything in the sound nor did she care though. Movie soundtracks were great, nothing noticeably with that. The RS-35's are on order because my wife didn't care for the looks of the slightly scuffed up demo RS-3's either. So when the RS-35's come in, I'll be swapping out the RS-3 for those. I'll see if the voice matching gap becomes any more noticable.

In the last few days, after re-watching the Matrix series, a few of the Star Wars moveis, Toy Story and Incredibles (with the kids), this little indulgence was definitely worth it.

Congrats on some good choices! I love my Yamie and I think you will

also. The rears are not as important to me as the match on the front 3

which you did a great job on. Yes the larger speakers are a bit more of

a pain to work with but I feel they are worth it. The Heresy is a

little smaller than the floor standers you mentioned but that is water

under the bridge now. If you like the sound, that is the most important

thing!

When you get a great sounding setup it is indeed hard to tear yourself

away from it to do little things like ..... go to bed[:P] You will be

enjoying this setup for a long time, Congrats again!!