OK Duke and Gobuddy...Dave Hole

dbflash

Now that I have the ipod going full time in my Jeep I'm listening to stuff I haven't heard in years and some stuff I bought but never listened to.

I loaded a bunch of blues and yesterday I heard a song called Jenny Lee. Awesome song to drive to.

When I got home last night I found out the guy who did it. A guy named Dave Hole.

I ordered two of his Cd's this morning:

The Live One.. you guessed it it's live.

Short Fuse Blues.. This is his demo Cd that he used to sell at his shows in bars. He sent it to a magazine and they reviewed, which they never do, and the next he was interviewed in the mag.

What do you guys know about him and what other CD's of his should I be looking at?

Danny

Duke,

No I have the Alligator Records Anniversary Collection (20,25 and 30th) cd's.

To save time when I was playing with my ipod I just burned all 6 cd's onto my ipod. I have been driving around and this song just started playing.

He is on Allagator, so I ordered 2 of his disks today.

I just figured you know so many artist's that you could tell me what to buy/not to buy of his.

If these 2 are any good I'll end up getting the rest of his stuff.

Say what you want about ipods, but so far I am listening to so much music that I already had, but never really listened to.

I end up buying 3-4 Cds every Friday and because I never carry them in the car I would have less than 6 days to listen to them. Friday would roll around and I'd start listening to the new ones.

I would listen to the radio all week in the car which inhales big time. I am so sick of Boston, Led Zepplin, CCR, Eagles, etc. That's all they play on classic rock. They should call it blow it out your clASSic rock.

I'll report back on Dave Hole next week.

Danny

Duke is always a jukin'--

I've heard of Dave Hole, but I don't know much about him--

I'm kind of a blues snob--so much of the new blues I don't like even half as much as the old 50's to 70's stuff when it was made analog-- I do have some Alligator, but usually the production is too shiny with too trebly a bass thats hard to funk to--

Albert Collins--Ice Pickin', the CD With Robert Cray,Albert Collins and Johnnie Copeland (Shemekia's Dad) together, and Hound Dog Taylor's first are fantastic releases by Alligator. But, I ended up trading in all my alligator anniversary packages after awhile because the sound didn't get me in the gut--Even Roy Buchanan's sound was brittle sounding to me--

Thing is, I really got into the blues by getting those Alligator sets--shamefully cheap for so much music. And very diverse blues--I learned what I like in blues because of them--

That said --I'm gonna check Mr. Hole out--with a name like that he's got to be good--

DBFlash--have you heard Indigenous "Live at Pachydrem Studios" --its rip roaring!

Gobud,

exactly what you said about the gator. they turned me onto so many artist's that i would not have ever bought. couldn't beat the price.

you turned me onto indigenous a couple months ago. now that i have the ipod thing going on i am burning music that i have only listened to once or twice onto the pod and listen to it while i'm driving around town.

danny