What do you think about this tv purchase? And future sub placement

TIbor

Hey all,

I havent been here for a while with a new baby keepeing me busy. I am looking into the Toshiba 52 widescreen hd dlp, check it out here

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/televisions/product.asp?model=52hmx95

It doesnt have 1080p, but I think this will be the one. I guess I will use the hdmi hookup for dvd player. But doesnt that also send audio to the tv, I can run a optical cable to the dvd player, to the reciever. But does this mean that I have to turn the speakers off the tv everytime I watch a dvd. And lastly the tv is much bigger than my old one. I will be getting rid of the equipment rack. to free some space, I want to keep the tv centered between the scones. Which means I will need to much the sub out of the corner. Does moving the sub out of the corner reduce the effectivness of the sub.

Thanks for you opions!!

post-13414-13819276425064_thumb.jpg

I would leave the TV speakers off all the time. Run digital cable out of DVD player into receiver for DVD movies, and run cables from audio out of your TV to receiver for analog channels and an optical cable out of your TV to receiver for your digital channels.

I know it's big and heavy (I used to have a PB12+2) but if you could place it at your listening position and play some bass heavy material, you could walk (crawl) around the room and find the next best place for it. You'll loose a little SPL moving it out of the corner, but you can run the gain up a little to compensate.