Bass???

yorel23

is the subwoofer next to a wall with the back port facing the wall?

I have a promedia ultra and recently the ifi. There is a noticable

difference. But there is bass, it is just not boomy. Try lowering the

subwoofer all the way down and listen, it sounds weak. But then place

it back to medium and it is right there.

I agree. Just got my iFi from Costco in Houston at $200, but find the bass disappointingly muted, even with it turned up to max on the cradle. When I first fired them up could barely hear any bass and had to get down on my hands and knees beside the sub to make sure it was working at all. Then noticed that the equalizer was turned off on the iPod so turned that on to 'bass booster' and it was better, but to my ears still weak for speakers of this class. But the mids and highs are crystal clear ... very nice.

Negative, do not confuse distortion with bass. If you want more bass with the iFi's turn up the volume, not the bass adjustment. Linear response is something you may not be used to. I'm sure at max volume you'll discover the iFi's have a lot more bass then the 2.1's.

The bass on my iFi's is booming, and I do mean booming. Have you played with the bass control? Too cool. Since this system is sooooo much better than any other system I have for my iPod's I am having to go back rip at a higher rate (my wife is already warning me about the piles of CD's gathering in our studio--again). Most or all my music collection is at 192, but the iFi's just demand more and deliver when they get it. I did the Black Eyed Peas Monkey Business that my wife just purchased and if you want to hear bass, this is one CD that has it.