sub needed

mgc48

Mgc48 do I read well?

You will set up a HT system in a 35x20foot room!Holly

Where do you live?In a castle!

A room this huge needs serious subwoofing,no KSW series Klipsch can do the job.Unless you use two to four KSW15's.

It depends also how loud you like to listen,if sometimes you push the volume up you will need a very high power(output)sub.

This in mind I am thinking about the Velodyne HGS-18,the HGS-18 has the output of two Sunfire Signature subs,to translate this its capable of filling even very large rooms with real sub bass.

If you dont mind having a big shiny box in the room one HGS-18 would no doubt do the job.

If on the other hand you want sub(s) that will not be seen and give you hellacious output the Sunfire Signature would bring true HT impact home.I would use two such subs alongside a wall.

And last SVS,here only two SVS Ultras with the Samson amp would deliver impact and best of class bass definition.Easy to hide,small footprint.

And another wonder for HT is the Revel B15,this cube can shake the house like few.Huge HGS-18 like output in a smaller package.And real wood finish(if you dont like the shiny "piano gloss"HGS finish).

The Aerial Acoustics SW12 would take the cake if looks and performance are the top priority.The problem here may be the price.About 5 grand depending on finish(bird's eye maple is simply gorgeous).Like the SVS Ultra the Aerial is defined like few and has BIG sub bass energy to fill large rooms.One or maybe two units would be needed.

Price wise the SVS Ultra stands out around $2300(pair)with amplifier(Samson 1000).

Next would be the Velodyne HGS-18.~$2500(each)

After the Sunfire Signature($1900 you could get a better price I am sure)and Revel B15 (around 2800).

Check these subs out

Also if you can hear the Klipsch RSW15 go listen.The RSW15 promises to be a great sub.Power and good definition.This sub should be around around $1700.

I cant recomend the RSW15,its the ONLY sub I did not test.Should be good from what Klipsch says.

And stay away from the Klipsch LF series,does not have the output to compete with any subs above.Ina huge room like yours you simply need BIG output to attain any realistic(even close to)level.

TheEAR(s) Now theears