JM Peach and Subwoofer setup?

Macallan

I am considering purchasing a JM Peach to integrate into my HT

system. My plan is to use my Yamaha 2300 receiver for HT and use

the Peach as my 2 channel preamp with B&K amp driving my

mains. This can be done using the Peach's HT bypass mode.

My question is about my RSW-15 sub. When listening in 2 channel

mode I would like to keep my sub, in a 2.1 set up. How can this

be done? JM says that I could use run the HT Bypass out into the

Sub and then run the outs on the sub into my B&K 200.2. Would

this work? Will I still have use of the sub in HT bypass mode?

Mark's suggested way willl work - but there is an easier way.

Just split one of the outputs of the Peach - you can use a Radio Shack "gold" series "Y" splitter. Send one signal to one of the B&K channels and the other to your sub. Then, set your sub's active crossover point whereever you want (100, 80, 60, etc.).

I have had my Peach over a year. Both of my Peach outputs (L & R) are split to front and rear speakers - and to my SVS sub. You will not lose any fidelity in splitting one of the channels to your sub - nor will you notice an appreciable difference from the other channel. If there is some perceived loss of volume (which I have never heard), then simply adjust the individual levels to compensate (both outputs levels are individually variable).

Congrats on your upcoming Peach. Best substantial upgrade I ever made to my system. Love mine so much I may be soon adding another of Mark's fine products (hmmmm.......Extreme) for my vinyl.

With respect to HT bypass mode, you can do one of two things. If you leave the sub connected (from the Peach split), it will still process the signal fine. I leave my sub connected with HT bypass, even when I am running my turntable through the HT bypass (from a phone stage), and the sub works fine. If you want to get particular about movies, then you could run a separate sub connection straight from your HT processor to your sub to get a separate LFE output - just for movies. I do this for movies only, and I'm not sure if it makes a difference. But, it makes me feel better about it......

Carl.

Thank you for the response. I gues it does not matter which

signal L or R that I split? Also in HT mode, if I were to have

the sub out directly from my reciever into the sub, would I need a

second Y at the sub? How exactly does everything connect to the

Sub itself? Thanks.

It does not matter which signal, L or R that you split. Most subs have two inputs so you can hook up both inputs to the sub. What I typically do, however, even though my sub has two sub inputs, is to just keep whichever one I want hooked up to the sub (2-channel or HT feed from the receiver) at one time.

Carl.