4.1 not working, no lights, nothing.

SB911

I recently recieved a 4.1 set from a friend, he was going to throw it away but I decided i'd try and get it working.

I have been looking through this forum and have found the common problems, the resistors. I checked the resitance of both of them with my mulitmeter and they are reading find, of course R12 has a bit of discoloring around the board. I'm wondering though, does anybody have the voltages that are going through these resistors? So I can compare them to what I have.

Other than that does anybody have any ideas what I could check?

I've traced and probed the power supply circuit and everything seems to be fine there.

I have been looking for cold solder joints but no luck either, I might fire up the soldering iron and start re-soldering..... everything.

I cannot source the resistors locally (small town, northern BC) it would take awhile for them to arrive here and not even sure where to get them from anyways. Any help is appreciated!!

Can't help you out on the voltages going through the resistors. However you can source parts in Canada from http://www.digi-key.ca.

My 4.1s are doing the same thing now. I've been temped to send them in to Micron - http://www.microncanada.ca for repair...

You will notice that if you measure the voltage going into the voltage regulators, it's near zero - not the 17+ Volts required... If you remove the white cable and measure the voltage unloaded, they are approx 35V. And yes, I replaced the capacitors as well as the voltage regulators themselves and still nothing.