Special deals on HT seating...

dougdrake

Seems Costco online doesn't have the set that's in the warehouses right now. I saw the set locally (3-seat black leather slightly curved unit with motorized recline, cubbies in arm-rests, etc) for $1800. We thought it was VERY nice for the money. Very comfy. If I had a dedicated HT planned, I'd have bought them but they just don't fit into my idea of 'main house decor'. They are haunting me though & wish I could have an excuse to get them.

Yes, the ones in the stores are not the ones on the web site. Even Roman (a competitor dealer to Costco for these) said they are an excellent deal. They are models which Berkline no longer offers (079), so if you buy them and want to add more in a year, they won't be an exact match. I also believe they are 100% leather (versus leather/vinyl match) but don't hold me to it.

If they fit the exact need you have (or are willing to live with), they are an excellent buy. Otherwise, you may have more options with Roman also at very good prices.

I'm in the market for HT seating and this place seems to have good prices...

http://www.gothifi.com/hifishowroom/cinema/wellington.htm

Several months ago I asked them for a quote of these seats in microfiber and they said $450 per chair plus $450 total shipping if I bought 4 or 5 seats. That means I could get 5 seats (of my choice- these are modular and you can do whatever config you want) for around $2500, just over $600 per seat.

Granted the Costco deal is $600 per seat also but I'd have to pay tax and would have to carry it home myself. Plus it's only available in black, is limited to the advertised 3-seat-only config, and I'd rather have microfiber than leather.

Has anyone ever dealt with gothifi.com to know whether this is good furniture or not?

BV

These appear to be Berkline seats, as they look the same and use the same trademarks (WallAway and Touchmotion). Check out the Berkline seats here: http://www.berkline.com/pages/theaterselection.asp?cat=theater

I'd encourage you to check with Roman at Ultimate Home Theater (sales@rtheaters.com) on information and pricing. He's very low-key, no pressure. And his current specials might work out for you. He comes well recommended by many others.