Please let me know how I did ????

Reochamp

I am on a budget mind you & would have rether got the F 7 system, but I just purchased the...

F 3 floorspeakers

S 3 surounds

C 3 Center

Synergy sub 12

Denon 3805 A/V Receiver

Bought at Best Buy, asking total for speakers only not denon...$2510 thats w/performance plan warrenty 9yrs coverage! plus tax.

I got him down to $1800 tax and all +$160 for 9yr performance plan coverage.

I love this system just let me know how I made out think I should have tried to get him down cheaper, and I made him throw in 15ft sub cable $30 value.

Thanks for the time fellas, I' brand new here, first posting. I'll throw some pics up when I get it set up...

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

That is a great setup and receiver. I am sure you are already beside yourself with the quality of sound compared to whatever you had before.

Not sure if you got a deal or not but it should not matter if you are happy with the final product, Sound!!!!

You may want to do some homework on proper placement of your speakers, getting the bass management measurements input into the receiver, and finally an inexpensive SPL meter from Radio Shack to finalize the set up.

Speakers are only half of the equation to great sound, the room and how the speakers react to your room is the other half.

There are some FAQ pages here and I have provided a link that I think will be of benefit to you.

Once again, Congratulations.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/setup/index.php

Welcome to the forum! I agree with the prev. poster on the importance of set up. It can make or break your HT if not done correctly. It looks like a nice group of equip you have, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm not however a big fan of service contracts. If your speaker has a problem, it will usually manifest itself in the time that it is covered under the normal manufacturers warranty. The contracts are usually pure profit for the sellers. On the other hand , if it gives you satisfaction, knowing you have it, then it's worth it. Carl

Thanks for the faqs page, should I plug these in w/banana plugs or normal?

I have never gone for Service plans either, but manufacture covers 2yrs I think plus you have to pay for shipping exc, I was sold on 9 yrs no hasle coverage no need to ship just bring them to store. trust me this is the first on performance plan... BUT 9 YEARS for only $160 even if I never need it it's a peace of mind.

Do you think I got burned on price besides service plan wich I have no regrets about.

Go to Bestbuy.com add each of these speakers up see the total plus tax is I think 9.25 in TN(sucks)

Then what I paid I mean I know they still made money but sales peaple are he\ard to bargain w/and I think I did alright.

Thanks for the faqs page, should I plug these in w/banana plugs or normal?

I have never gone for Service plans either, but manufacture covers 2yrs I think plus you have to pay for shipping exc, I was sold on 9 yrs no hasle coverage no need to ship just bring them to store. trust me this is the first on performance plan... BUT 9 YEARS for only $160 even if I never need it it's a peace of mind.

I use spade plugs soldered to the wire on the speaker end of the cable and bananna plugs at the receiver (just more convenient in a tight spot). Large diameter speaker wire is always a safe bet, especially if they are on the long side (30ft+ use 10 gauge, 12- 16 for mid to short distances).

You do not have to buy the cables from these people but I am providing this link because I think they do a great job of separating snake oil from good quality cables\connectors with good explainations.

http://bluejeanscable.com/

Hope this helps.