Bi-amping on KP-301, 2 sets of banana plugs, but connected internally?

crexrun

hello, I was just wondering about the hookup on my KP-301s. They have dual sets of banana plugs, and I'm assuming that it's for the Woof on one set and the mid/tweet on the other. There are 2 fuses, and 2 1/4" ins as well, and I was wondering if bi-amping is possible. Most home speakers I've seen have removeable ext. bridges that you remove when biamping. these, however, have jumpers soldered in on the inside, so you would have to cut that jumper to bi-amp, correct? If you hooked up 2 amps with them connected, I wouldn't think that would be very amp friendly. Any help would be appreciated, Crexrun

PS, they are currently hooked up with the lower set, but it makes no difference if it's top or bottom, I checked. Thanks!

post-20602-13819279071098_thumb.jpg

I am the porud owner of a pair of KP 301's that I use in my basemant system. (They are strapped to the ceiling)

I change out several amplifiers and pre amp combos with them. On this system I usually play my old favorite rock and roll, (Zep,, The Who, ect.) with very high gain, they really can shake the house. Great Speakers,...and bullet proof!

Good luch with yours, I will keeping mind for life!

Regards,

For the record...the other advantage to the dual binding posts is it

makes it way easier to run speakers in parallel.

In fact, I had no clue

that they also prewired it for biamping until Trey mentioned it...just

another example of cool klipsch engineering [:D]

(Now I wonder how many other PA speakers I've worked with that were wired the same way)