Klipsch and non-klipsch Subwoofer suggestions to match with two RSX-5's?

voxr3m

So what subwoofers would match well with two RSX-5's? They don't have to be Klipsch brand subwoofers and my budget is around $500 new or used/ebay. I have the RSX's hooked up to a rotel amp and was using my promedia 5.1 ultra sub until now. I know klipsch lists the RW-10 as a 'matching' subwoofer, but I wanted to know what else would work well/pair up nicely with the RSX's.

Just for the record, I'm more into the quality of the bass and not so much the quantity (unless the quantity is truly lacking at the low low frequencies).

No simple answer. Will you be using the sub for movies mostly or music? Some like sealed subs for music And ported or PR for movies but I'm painting with a very broad brush. Your room size and listening preferences (with levels) will help. In addition, your sub brand is not critical when considering matching it to your mains.Carl

Well I went ahead and got an RW-10d from my dealer for $450 (discounted from $499?). I'm gonna use it more for music than anything else. My room is 12 x 18 feet approximately. Not too big a room. I'm not a bass head either, so when I listen to music my walls don't quite start to shake noticeably.

edit: are the 10d's even out yet? the dealer guy said it was a rw-10d and the invoice says 10d. I guess I'll find out when I pick them up next week? [:S]

I haven't recieved them yet. The dealer is ordering them from Klipsch and will be available for pick up next week. I'm looking at the invoice here and it says RW-10d black. The guy even said it was an RW-10d. Hehe. I wouldn't mind an RW-10 though. But if given a second choice, should I just go for the RW-10? Maybe push for more of a discount for the inconvenience? [;)] Or should I choose another sub?

I went ahead and told the guy to get the rw-10. $450 new doesn'tsound bad to me at all seeing as it has a 5 year warranty. On ebay they'll go for ~$400 shipped with no warranty at all.

Sub-12... best bang for buck? What's the difference between the sub-12 and the rw-12?

Just fyi, $450 is no great deal(msrp500). Whoopppeeee, its %10 off. If your dead set for the rw10, why not wait till stores close them out when the NEW stuff comes in? Just a thought...

And also, the new sub12 will own or be on par the rw10 in most ways. I have heard both of them and there didnt seem to be much difference in sq(two different stores, different music, setup making it hard to tell). The biggest difference is that the sub12 will play MUCH louder. 7dB louder or so. Im not sure if you know this, but 7dB is a LOT of output difference. You could also look at as 7dB of head room= cleaner sound. Again, just another thought of mine... If you dont plan to run it hard,/listen loud the rw10 may be fine.

scp53

My dealer doesn't carry stock of the subwoofer on site. They ordered for me from klipsch. There will be nothing to clear out when the new rw-10d is available. Additionally, the dealer offered me to keep the order for the rw-10d when it comes out at the same price. He said early april. But the digital display EQ isn't something I need anyway, it's just another thing that can break that's all. I'm not going to wait for that. I want my sub to be as flat as can be.

That being said, the rw-10's go for cheaper on ebay I know, but I was looking for an included warranty to go with it, and the next closest dealer is in the next state. [:(]