Windows theme

wheelman

Anyone have experience with a new windows theme? Are they easy to delete? And how if you do put one in your computer? I just don't want to be stuck with a bug or something in my computer. On the other hand I get bored of the same old windows look, and they got some great looking windows themes from the skins factory. I almost bought a Mac just so it looked different. I'm thinking of downloading one of them slick looking alienware themes. Any reason not too?

Well if you enjoy Microsoft Fisher Price blue look keep it. If not, there are options that are very very easy.

No need to go dropping 2 grand or more for eye candy when you can spruce up you PC for free or cheap. Two sites that I reccommend you look into.

Neowin.net: An online community of modders who have created some rather great Visual Styles (MS Themes). Note that there is a free patch for your XP software which is free and will not crash your system at all. Look for a link for the UXTheme patch, and after that start downloading. Once you have the files saved, unzip or unrar them in to the following directory "c:\windows\resources\themes" and you can select them from the Display command in the Control Panel or right clicking your desktop.

Wincustomize: Has themes through its own propriety software for changing just about everything on your PC. It has a fee however.

J