Difference between RG6 and Quad RG6

CygarBuff

I was in Lowes and looking to get a better crimp tool and connectors for my DIY cable installs. I noticed Quad as a choice of connector and crimp tool, the connectors look exactly the same as the standard RG6 but the tool used to crimp Quad is much more expensive also the sign said that the quad cable is not available in this area (Charleston, S.C.). What is the difference? Is quad something that is comming this way and therefore I will need the quad tool for future use. Both tools are IDEAL brand and are the compression type for wet and dry locations. I don't see the need to spend 3 times the amount for the Quad tool if it is something that I'll never need

Both tools I saw look identical but one was for RG6 and the other was for RG6, RG59 and RG6 quad. Both tools looked the same to the t. Wouldn't the tools look a lot different? One was at Home Depot and said it was used with the RG6 and the other was at Lowes and says it works with the 3 previously mentioned. They were both around $15-$20. If the looked the same and were roughly the same price would it be possible that the advertising on the box doesn't list the RG6 Quad and RG59 as well. Other than color I can't tell a difference between the two. I appreciate the advice. But bottom line is I should buy the one for the RG6 cable as that is ther most commom coaxil cable and not worry about the ones that are used for the rg59 and rg6 quad?

I use guad shielded. I ran a new cable from the outside of the house to the theater room. I also bought S-Video spliters and use the quad shielded cable for my S-Video cable run. S-Video has four wires, two signal wires and two grounds. It takes one quad cable per signal and a spliter on each end of the run. My S-Video run is over 30 feet and I wanted better shielding.

Quad cable is also great for making those long subwoofer runs.