Proposed car stereo law is just a little over the top.....

mike stehr

Oh arthur arthur is

english your second language? Man oh man some times I cannot follow all

the slang you use. Parle vous Francaise?

Little Jay ,english is not even my third language.And it's Parlez vous Francais. Ok

On a side note,nothing to do with any poster here...I HATE THE NEW FORUM,hate it.Whoever designed it should be jailed and sued.

it's been like 7 years since the last french class lol. BTW what languages do you speak?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a stranger driving by intrude on the peace

of my home in any way (stereo, leaf blower, gunfire, Harley without

muffler)

lol... if it weren't for the leaf blower, i'd think you were living in

the ghetto... Would that be a drive by "leafing"? [;)]

lol. that guy across the street is soooo freaken insane. He will spend

an hour blowing ONE leaf across the yard. One of these trips to

colter's place we're gonna sprinkle packing peanuts on his lawn so he

can have a hayday blowing them nowhere. And of course the idiot is

using a huge industrial blower with no ear protection. You could be

cutting wood in the garage and still hear him.

Ok THX, breathe in, breath out. Better?

First, I agree with your point about there being no difference between obnoxious home systems and obnoxious auto systems.

My point is simply this: If the sound emanating from anyone's property intrudes in the rights of another to enjoy QUIETUDE or his own music (at whatever level), that is irresponsible. You see, I don't want to have to turn my system up. First of all, music and movies contain moments of silence which are also part of the recording or soundtrack. So trying to overwhelm the intruding noise is a pointless excersize.

Perhaps I'd like to enjoy my property by reading or silently meditating. If my neighbor in his home or a stranger driving by intrude on the peace of my home in any way (stereo, leaf blower, gunfire, Harley without muffler), I consider that as an act against me. Yes, I'll try to talk it out peacefully first. Then maybe call the cops.

But what to do about the increasing onslaught from these massive car audio systems? Can't hardly pull em over and have a chat now, can I? Should I follow them home and have it out? I've tried having a sheriff issue speeding and 4-way stop violations since these same guys always seem to be in such a hurry. But that's only a temporary fix.

Please understand where I am coming from. I had to move from my family farm home (owned by my great-grandparents since 1936) because Amish neighbors started a buggy factory and ran a diesel motor outdoors and unmuffled for 12 hours a day. The sheriff, zoning board, courts would not do anything to rectify the situation.

So I've lost BIG TIME in the noise wars. It will not happen again.

The 'threat' to violence toward you was meant in kidding. But I'm truly afraid of what I might do some night when some idiot comes blasting by here. Because I am crazy and I have a psychiatrist that will say so.

So, lets all calm down, turn it down a bit, and just be a little bit caring about the other guy instead of trying to fight it out. It's an increasingly noisy world. With ipods, muzak and the like, we are facing a barrage of noise 24-7. Peace and Quiet is harder and harder to find in modern life.

Please, can't we all just get along?

check out the Noise Pollution Clearinghouse at http://www.nonoise.org/

Oh, and thanks for the backup/translation DrWho, you DO understand!

Michael

Im cool with that. [:D] But I hope cops don't start coming even in an open park with lots of airspace to play with. With no houses or nothing, just a play ground with a baseballfield, soccerfield etc..... Oh well, time to start a new project anyways for my next car. Its going to be full sound quality hopefully...[;)] SQ=luxury cars, SPL=Cars you don't care

I think you're beginning to understand, but this bothers me so I must continue...

'But I hope cops don't start coming even in an open park with lots of

airspace to play with. With no houses or nothing, just a play ground

with a baseballfield, soccerfield etc..'

THX, did you happen to read the first article I posted about 'protecting the common areas'? Do you think a family with their kids at the park or the young couple on a picnic wants to hear someone's stereo when they go to the PUBLIC park? Please don't destroy peoples sanctuary, their peace and quiet with noise. They have a right to enjoy the space also. We all pay for the public common areas, do you think your 'right' to be loud trumps anyone elses right to enjoy the quiet?

Noise always wins over quiet.

Please turn it down when others are present.

Don't bully people with noise.

Thank you.

Michael

"Other efforts to protect the commons are concerned with protecting our public lands and parks; air, airways, water, and waterways; habitat, species, and bio-diversity."

Im sorry, but im to lazy to read lol. Ok, but i must say its way better than blasting it in a neighborhood. I guess the best place is at a sound comp. I wound say the freeway, but people need to concentrate.... while they drive.

WHEW, now we're coming to an understanding.

It's

all about putting yourself in the OTHER guys shoes. Congratulations.

The latest statements sound like mature frames of mind. Please tell

your friends. You guys restore my faith.

Michael

opps I meant to say goto Indy and get two MTX Jackhammers and play near Colter's house [:P]

and then release woodpeckers near his house.

It's all about putting yourself in the OTHER guys shoes. Congratulations. The latest statements sound like mature frames of mind. Please tell your friends. You guys restore my faith.

Michael

opps I meant to say goto Indy and get two MTX Jackhammers and play near Colter's house [:P]

Thats one subwoofer I can't stand is the Jackhammer. I hate it, even tho its an 22" its a gimmick! Its good to see on with your own eyes any take some pictures[:D]. I wouldn't mine standing right next to one. Too bad they quit the 32" audiobahn LOL.

It's all about putting yourself in the OTHER guys shoes. Congratulations. The latest statements sound like mature frames of mind. Please tell your friends. You guys restore my faith.

Michael

Thats one subwoofer I can't stand is the Jackhammer. I hate it, even tho its an 22" its a gimmick! Its good to see on with your own eyes any take some pictures[:D]. I wouldn't mine standing right next to one. Too bad they quit the 32" audiobahn LOL.

Time to start on a new future project. [:)]