Reference going away soon?

drd952

Good afternoon.

I am just about finished designing my basement. There is a 9' (w) x 9'(h) x 3-1/2' (d) indentation in the foundation from the turet in the back of my home.

It is perfect spot for a built in entertainment center that will house my components, tv, and front five speakers. this will be flush to the walls then.

I am going to go with rf7s, rc7, and two rsw12s. I am going to put the subs next to the rf7s.

This is going to be a custom job and I would like the speakers to fit as nicely as possible, or as little gaps as possible.

I have heard that a new reference line could be coming out. But all my measurements are for the existing series. Will I have any issues buying these speakers 3-6 months from now?

If so I could purchase them now, but they would go into storage for the next 3-6 months, and seems like a waste of good listening!

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum, drd952.[:)]

Imo, 3-6 months from now you won't be able to find those speakers in stores. You may have problems finding any stores that have all of the speakers you are looking at now in stock.

My only other comment is with 2 RSW-12's (I haven't seen this sub in DFW stores for over a year) in the front you may want to consider stacking them. I have no experience in this, although have read on this forum that people who do--find they get more dB's along with deep, clean bass. I have a RSW 15 and RSW 12 in the same room that aren't stacked, however I have an odd shaped HT.

You didn't mention what you were going to use as surrounds but I feel the RS-7's or RB-75's are also going to be difficult to find a few months from now. Of course this is just my opinion--but I am always checking Klipsch stock with my local dealers. I own all of the speakers you are looking at. I don't feel the need to upgrade and I am REALLY into the hobby of HOME THEATER. [H] Good luck with the project.