What do you crossover your subwoofer at?

RTTR

The large/small 60/80 setting may depend on your processor. Some will only let you get at the desired frequency with a large or small setting.

In any case for movies I run all at small with the 80hz crossover. For 2 channel I run large with a 40hz or 60hz crossover depending on the material and source (vinyl or digital).

Laters,

Jeff

Before our nice modern processors, I remember tips pointing out that you should crossover 10-15 HZ over the low end of your speakers.

With LaScallas Belles I could see 60 working nice.

Khorns, maybe 45-50 Hz.

I still think 80 is best as that is what most soundtracks use as there standard reference.

JM

Now with the nice modern processors I hear people say the crossover point should be a full octave above the low end of the speakers. I don't know if this is considered advancement or not.[:)]

Whether or not you need a full octave above your speaker's low frequency point is a function of the SLOPE of the crossover. For 12 decibels per octave, one full octave is good. If your crossover slope is 36 decibels per octave, then 10-15 Hz above the minimum of the mains is reasonable.

All THX crossovers are sloped at 12 decibels per octave.

Bill