Setting up Quintets...

ponykiller

Hello, I'm new to this and could use some help.

I bought some Quintets with a KSW 12, Yamaha HTR-5450 and a Mitsu WS 55809 TV. The TV and Yamaha were straight forward in installation, but I am trying to figure out how to aim the speakers to the optimal position. Also, does it really matter where I put the sub? The room is fairly small, it's about 12 x 12. Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

Good choice of sub to go with the Quintets.

I would aim the front sats at the listening position,same for the sourrounds.The center should sit on the TV aimed down a bit.

Horn loaded speakers sound best when aimed at the listener.

The KSW12 sub will sound best along the front wall,you should test by moving around.

The Quintets and KSW12 match very well.I used this setup with my PC.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll need to experiment with the angles some more. They are sounding pretty good right now. I have my sub sitting in the corner for right now. The bass is much louder when I'm in the other room, so I think I'll need to move it around a bit.

I think the KSW 12 sounds great with the Quintets. A friend tried to talk me in to the 15, but I think that might have ben too much.

Brian