K horn project auction

TRiv

Been in contact with the seller and he says he hooked up a reciever to test woofers and admitted they didnt get alot of signal info but what he could hear sounded ok,he then tested the woofwes for resistence and read 4.5 ohm's on each.Is this to spec.for these woofers?

Greg

BTW thanks TRiv

Good luck in auction, looks as if it could be a good deal for solid, functional bass bins. I'm a form follows function type, so I would get them performing first, then do the cosmetics. looks like you would be experimenting with the set up first anyway, the 511 and driver will make it straight forward, I am sure you have seen some of the discussions on, and availability of crossovers here. These bass bins look ( I think seller mentioned) that front is Formica covered, it would have to be removed and re -veneered, and the side grills would have to be replaced. While the factory finishes on the K horns are nice, these are a good candidate for really making them look like finer furniture to personal taste, of course you could leave them original as is and do what Electro Voice did to the Georgian ( their K horn) and build a finished cabinet that goes around and over the bass bin and mid-high horns, keeps them more original for resale if needed, and allows for custom looks which can be changed.