I down graded my DSL verizon.

rockbobmel

A few of my friends got the new 768 kbs for $14.95 a month. I was just as fast as mine, so I complaned. They gave me 3 meg per sec from 1.5, and it was not any faster, so instead of paying $30. a month I am paying $15. for the same thing.

I tell you, these hostage holders are ruthless. Why give you 1.5 meg when your service only lets 750k or so through anyway.

Just venting, Thanks.

How many miles are you away from the verizon distri. office? Because ive complainted about speeds before, i wanted to upgrade to the t1/3mbps^ buisness line with static ip, but they said i wouldent notice a difference in speed because i was just too far from the verizon building. What are you speeds? mine are 1.5mbps and 400k up.

I originally bought the 1.5meg for $30. and sometimes it would be very fast and other times slow. I gryped and they did tests and said it was up to par. But I went and downloaded a speed tracker and it was between 500kbs to 1500kbs. (Not 1.5 meg). They gave be a line that is's not just what I was testing for that was important. I told em the speed was important. Period.

@$$les.. A lot of bla bla bla, Little customer care.

I downgraded to 768 kbs and notice no or very little difference for $14.95

HALF PRICE!!

I originally bought the 1.5meg for $30. and sometimes it would be very fast and other times slow. I gryped and they did tests and said it was up to par. But I went and downloaded a speed tracker and it was between 500kbs to 1500kbs. (Not 1.5 meg). They gave be a line that is's not just what I was testing for that was important. I told em the speed was important. Period.

@$$les.. A lot of bla bla bla, Little customer care.

I downgraded to 768 kbs and notice no or very little difference for $14.95

HALF PRICE!!

techicaly 1500 kbps is 1.5 megs since most places disregard the 1028 as a meg or so. kilo is 10^3 or 1000, mega is 10^6 or million so 1500 kilobytes is 1.5 megs technically then you go into the byte bite fight

Also I had the 30 dollar dsl for quite some time. Heck we had that dsl when it was 45 dollars a month and only 768 down 128 up

It took 3 months to turn on also and we had to pay for the modem. But then they switched to 1.5 and never upgraded automatically and then 3 megs and still. So we paid the 30 dollars a month for about a year without the 1.5 (3 is not in our area) but there was a substancial notice. The thing is most people will never experience a difference between the two or even cable. Cable yes can be quicker but is limited to the actual website itself. I actually interned in the summer at a university and since it was the summer no one was using the bandwidth and I did on of those tests and absolutely maxed it. But then again it wasn't really any faster since my computer speed and the website address was the determining factor. There is though one noticeable thing. If you tend to do file sharing or so then you may notice. But then again I have no clue on what "they" are talking about[:D] BTW we now do the 15 dollar a month and I care less since more money saved