Best FREE tweek to use if you are bitten by the upgrade bug.

Cal Blacksmith

Well, it is not new and and has been said here before so please bear with me.

It has been about 6 weeks since I turned on my 2 ch rig. I needed to relax so nothing fancy, just some FM piped into my rig and a soft chair to sit in. I had forgotten just how sweet my setup sounded!

Sometimes we listen so much to our stuff and take what we have for granted. We get used to the really excellent sound we have and get the itch to "improve" what we have, looking for the same big improvement in sound we had when we discovered high end audio, much like a junkie looking for the same big rush he felt, the first time he got high.

If you are bitten by the "upgrade bug", relax, follow the lead that Michael gave and take a break. When you come back to your setup, you will be surprised at how much better it sounds than how you remember it being!

If you STILL just have to upgrade, well possibly there is no hope for you, go ahead and spend the bucks, but please try the "free" tweak first, you might be surprised!

by far and away the best 'free' tweak I ever make to improve the sound of my system is to reserve any 'critical' listening for those times when my wife is out of the house...

I'm not sure how, but it really eliminates a very annoying screeching sound that I otherwise experiance when listening at levels above those of normal conversation

by far and away the best 'free' tweak I ever make to improve the sound of my system is to reserve any 'critical' listening for those times when my wife is out of the house...

I'm not sure how, but it really eliminates a very annoying screeching sound that I otherwise experiance when listening at levels above those of normal conversation

+1............that annoying background hiss that sounds like "turn it down" seems to disappear when the wife is gone. [:D]

No, no, no..... I listen to mine 8 to 10 hours per day at least 6 of which are solo. Don't need any hiatus to really appreciate the system. Do agree that other family members don't share my interests as much but they do appreciate the fact that if I invested this much effort and $$ that I love it as much as I do. When their home it's kept a mere background sound.....sad for them.[:(] Good for me!![:D]