Will my Mac 2105 amp and 113 preamp/tuner be ok with a pair of Ultras?

tidmack

Fellas,

I hate to have two similar topics going in two sections of the forum. But I kind of need a quick yes or no so I thought I'd post here too. I'm set to put in an order for a pair of Ultras and amp, but want to make sure that I can properly hook the sub up to increase/decrease volume with my music. Below is the post that I put out in 2 channel. If anyone can help out with a "yes it'll work", I'd be super duper appreciative. Thanks and I can't wait to get these babies ordered up!!!

From 2 channel post: Ok guys, I did some reading and here's where I'm at: on my MX-113, I have a main out (stereo), a tape out (stereo) and a L+R out (single mono plug). I'm guessing I have 3 options: i could split my main out signal and plug one end in to my 2105 and the other into the sub amp. OR, I could use the tape outputs and run those directly to the sub amp. OR, I could split the mono output into two female ends and run those to the amp. Is any one of these more correct than another? My first logical guess would be to use the tape outputs, no?

Jeff