Starting over...

mcp

A few months ago, I sold my original Fortes with the intention of buying a pair of Chorus'. Unfortunately, I lost my job soon after due to an office closing and the Chorus thing never happened.

Well, I'm ready to re-build this system and would value the opinions of the forum members here.

First of all, I'd like to go the way of tubes this time ( I currently have a Marantz 1150--used H/K 730 in the past). I've been trying to gather info on vintage Scott, Eico, Sherwood, H/K tube integrateds. How much power will I need for Fortes or Chorus' in a 17 X 12 X 7.5 room? Play mostly rock and jazz--not to ear bleeding levels.

And would I be better off with Fortes and having their crossovers re-built than going for the Chorus'?

Any thoughts?

Sorry to hear about your past misfortune, but good to know that things are back on the right track for you.

It's been written on this forum many times, and for good reason, that a Scott 299-B (rebuilt) is a great little tube amp that won't set you back too many bucks.

It should have plenty of power for the size room you are talking about. The best part is if you don't like it the sound, or want more juice, you can unload it for about the same price or more, as the 'secret' is out.

Enjoy the process!

Woo