khorn vs rf7

Ilike10cc

If I don't like the rf7's does this mean I won't like Klipschorn? I went to a dealer today to hear the rf7's. They sounded good, but not what I wanted. Is this the same sound that khorns have? I'll never have a chance to hear Khorns before buying. I am going to go give the rf7's another try. Right now I have jbl l100t3 which sound great but lack a little sharpness in the upper midrange.

The Klipschorn and the RF7s are totally different speakers, designed to different philosophies. It is unfair and unwise to compare them to each other. Let's put it this way, I have late-model Cornwalls and would not trade them for RF7s. However, I would do whatever it took to make pair (or two) of Klipschorns happy in my living room.

The RF 7's and Klipschorns as stated above are two completely different beasts. Both have their strong points. The RF 7's are largely a cone speaker system with a horn tweeter that kicks in around 2 KHZ and the Klipschorns are a fully horn loaded speaker system. Both speakers have a very good sound when paired with a complimentary amplification and source devices, and both have set up peculiarities that need to be observed. They do not however sound even remotely alike. Klipschorns absolutely demand either perfect corners to be placed in or you will have to build false corners. RF 7s can be a little demanding of their power source to produce adequate bass. If and when you demo the 7s again make sure they are properly set up. Myself Id take the Klipschorn over the RF 7 any day of the week but there are a significant number of folks who feel just the opposite. Point is you cannot base your opinion on whether or not youd like one speaker based on how the other sounds.