A Tale Of 2 Networks , Not What You Think .

sunburnwilly

So , I think it's safe to say most of us watched the Super Bowl , right ? Remember how bad ABC botched the audio on the Stones half time show ? Well right now I'm watching the Daytona 500 on NBC . The audio quality of the Bon Jovi pre race concert was excellent ! Now I'm not a fan of Jon Bon per say ; actualy I do have a copy of New Jersey somewhere around here [:$] , but whoever at NBC that was in charge of the audio Nailed It ! Also , while on the subject , Fergie from the Black Eye Peas rendition of the national anthem was one of the best I have ever heard . Again , I'm not a fan of the Peas , and Fergie has her good days and definitely some bad ones . But boy did she put her best foot forward today ! So why does the audio quality vary so much among the major networks ? ( Any of us that watched Monday Night Football through out the season knew we were going to be in for a rough ride come Super Bowl time . ) On the flip side however , James Caan's command of " Drivers Start Your Engines " , was so pathetic and uninspiring nothing aside from Mathew Macconahay sneaking up from behind and Goosing him could have saved it ...

I thought the "sound" of the cars was good, but was better in the last years network?? TNT???

Something about more use of the back surrounds more I think on TNT or wherever NASCAR was??

SAME for Basketball, too, NBA coverage on NBC.... Face it, ESPN and ABC have this genra down pat!

Monday Night Football NFL as we knew it, now on ESPN next fall on Sunday nights... OMG gonna be killer!!

Hey Willy.....you shoulda come over. I had the projector going and watched the whole race in HD!! [:P]

I agree that they did a decent job with sound, however, I think FOX and TNT, and even Speedvision does a better job than NBC - BLECH!!!! [+o(] I could handle all the commentators, but Wally Dallenback (sp?) needs to go back to driving (a mini-van). Anyhow........

The part that really pissed me off was the number of commercials. Good ged. And playing the same lame-as* ones over & over. It really had me re-thinking that decision of not getting a DVR. I'm serious, had I known it was gonna be like that, I would've put the recorder on, worked on a couple of garage projects, and watched it later. [:@]

BTW, one thing I noticed about watching a race on the projector system versus TV is that I can no longer throw my nerf brick at the screen when I see a (non favorite) driver do a bone head thing. [:)]

Tom

You know , I felt that the audio quality of the race itself was subpar . " And let's face it who actually likes NBC's commentary group ? " I did like the video quality , The contrast of the bright colored cars and overcast , to downright foggy conditions was surreal in HD .