Looking for the right amp

gatekeeper245

I am in need of an amp for my RF-7's. I'm looking at the Anthem Statement P2 Stereo Amplifier, the ATI 3000 and the Sunfire 300.

These are just some of the amps that I have been told would make my 7's scream. Any information on any amp would be great.

Screaming is not normal objective in the realm of 2 channel.

I have heard RF-7s get plenty loud with a 300B tube amp at about 8 watts. Not loud enough for me but pretty musical.

And I have heard them even more musical and get rock concert loud with NosValves VRD monoblock tube amps.

SS amps do not allow RF-7 to reach their full potential.

In your profile, please specify your system: # of channels now and planned, amps, subs, room size, acoustic treatments, EQ, music source (iPod, PC, DVD, etc.), your age, music and movie preferences, percent of movie versus music listening, preferred volume level, musical instrument experience, must have features, etc! That way, the thoughtful posters here can provide answers tailored to your situation, not just simply spout off their preferences for their own situation.

thanks.[H]

Right now I am running a Marantz SR-8500 A/V receiver that I am now looking to use as a pre-amp for 2 channel music. A Pioneer 79avi DVD/SACD player as my main cd player. A Sony NC555ES as a CD changer. A Panamax 5510 line conditioner. I have RF-7's for front, RC-7 for center and RS-7 for rears. I am currently using a RW-12 sub but I am soon changing that. I have been looking at a different carrier than Klipsch for that. All wire that I have ran to my stereo is level 3 straight wire and high grade monster cable to my speakers. My room size will be changing eventually and I want to be able to fill a good size room which I am going to use as a HT room. I watch all kinds of movies and my music varies from day to day. I would not have bought my 7's if I wanted to listen to music at a low level. Rock and Pop is the most listened to and action movies is the most watched. I am just looking for ideas for an amp for my fronts so I can get the clear and crisp sound of the speakers. They seem to be a bit bright and I have a friend that has the anthem p2 that he brought over to my house to try. I thought it sounded better but I would like to know what others have so that before I go out and spent $3000.00 on something I check all options available.

Right now I am using the old Sonographe 120 and at low level volume it sounds very good. I once borrowed a 250 watt ,(I think) Carver amp and the difference was huge. I certainly look forward to giving them at least that much SS again in the future OR maybe trying a tube amp of some sort I have heard so many good things about.

.........the difference with the Carver was not subtle and has shown me a little of what the RF7's are capable of.

Thanks Colin for the smack on the hand. My answer was based for 2 channel only as I stated. I have used the RF7 in HT also and used a variety of SS amps with them.

It would also be good for people who reply to have had some experience with the products that they are commening on, if not why post??

Right now I am running a Marantz SR-8500 A/V receiver that I am now looking to use as a pre-amp for 2 channel music. A Pioneer 79avi DVD/SACD player as my main cd player. A Sony NC555ES as a CD changer. A Panamax 5510 line conditioner. I have RF-7's for front, RC-7 for center and RS-7 for rears. I am currently using a RW-12 sub but I am soon changing that. I have been looking at a different carrier than Klipsch for that. All wire that I have ran to my stereo is level 3 straight wire and high grade monster cable to my speakers. My room size will be changing eventually and I want to be able to fill a good size room which I am going to use as a HT room. I watch all kinds of movies and my music varies from day to day. I would not have bought my 7's if I wanted to listen to music at a low level. Rock and Pop is the most listened to and action movies is the most watched. I am just looking for ideas for an amp for my fronts so I can get the clear and crisp sound of the speakers. They seem to be a bit bright and I have a friend that has the anthem p2 that he brought over to my house to try. I thought it sounded better but I would like to know what others have so that before I go out and spent $3000.00 on something I check all options available.

I thought the same thing when I was running my RF 7 system at 1st. With a few good choices you will have a system that will be hard to beat. The RF7 do take a lot of power even though the sesitivity level is high. Look into a seperates. I run a Marantz MM9000 now and a Denon 4800 receiver as a pre. The difference is night and day. PM me if you want to discuss more.[:D]

Earlier in the week I had decided to sell my second set of RF-7's that

I have for my H/T set up. I just don't have the space or money to sink

into H/T system that I would be happy with. Before I did that, I

decided to see how they would sound in place of my Heresy 2's in my

second system. Well, I now have them hooked up to my Fisher 500C

reciever and a Rotel 1072 CDP. Wow, do these speakers sound

great. I have an all tube Mcintosh setup for my main setup, and that

sound as you would expect....great. But I was really surprised how

great the Fisher sounds on these speakers.

My advise....try tubes , even if you start with a vintage Scott or Fisher. You wont be sorry.

It was based on this comment:

That way, the thoughtful posters here can provide answers tailored to your situation, not just simply spout off their preferences for their own situation.

Maybe I am taking things wrong but I have had this equipment and done lots of experimenting with it. If you look at my posts I rarley if ever just spout off and my comments are based on what I know not just a whim. If I am out of line please let me know.

The Audio Flynn had this not so very wise judgement to say:

***SS amps do not allow RF-7 to reach their full potential***

Now-Now, this is simply NOT TRUE. I'm running all SS and I'm getting beyond full potential bliss. The right SS can do wonders, you would be too surprised, don't be too close minded in this area to apply one for all and you will live and learn. [*]