What sounds/feels like a KG4?

johann

I love the sound of my KG4s (haven't heard anyone say that before, right? Smile.gif. I really enjoy the amount of "air" they seem to push, the fullness of the sound, not sure if this is due to the large passive radiator in the rear or the dual 8" woofers... at any rate...

Very subjective question: can anyone suggest which speakers most closely give the sound and feel of the KG4 for home theater? It looks like the RF3-II's also have dual 8" woofers... any thoughts?

The KG4 were voiced 15 years ago. Progess in speaker design over that time has been rapid. Whether we think the newer models sound "better", sound "worse", or sound a bit better in some ways but not so good in other ways, one thing's for sure: they're gonna sound DIFFERENT.

If you really like your KG4, and want to build a multi-channel system around speakers that have the same sound, I'd strongly suggest buying more KG4's over EBay. They show up frequenctly.

Ray

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

What Ray said...you can make an awesome home theater with the KG4s.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KLF-C7 (center in storage)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron