Klipch RVX - 54 please post opinions!

Loudisbeautiful

I've never heard them but they are Klipsch so they'll sound good. But nowhere near as good as Lascallas. I have a feeling you'll hate yourself if do this. I'd reason with wife and tell her this is just one of those husband/wife compromises. I have a RF7 system with RF3-IIs for back surrounds. While my wife could do without all of these big speakers she doesn't say a word and enjoys them when we watch movies.

Loud,

The MSRP for these is 799 Each. They were designed to complement Plasma /LCD TV's.

IF-you mainly use speakers for TV these would be wonderful.

IF on the other hand you useyour speakers for Music,, at the Price of the 54's, may I suggest you look at either a used set of RF7's or even the New RF 83's.........

The 7's or the 83's would provide you with a smaller footprint speaker, while still giving you

great sound..............Just an Idea. Either way you should Not have any problem selling

your LaScalas to finance your new purchase. Only your ears + your wifes can tell.

Do it!

Before buying my 7's I considered the RXV 54's (never heard or saw them in person). An employee from Klipsch chimed in at the time and he thought they were great...probably need a sub though.

On the other hand I would reeeeeally like to try a great looking set of La Scalas.

Thanks for the feedback,

1. I talked to steve at Klipsch today.....said the set sounds very, very good.......but was design around a subwoofer.......So a RW 12 will be added too.

2. I have read that you should timber match all the HT speakers.......I do not have the space for all Heritage speakers.

3. Steve also said that the RVX -54 are sleeper in the reference line......with a sub they will equal anything in the Ref line.....

Keep the brainstorming coming.....