Yamaha HTR5280

concac

hey folks,

just bought a pair of RF3 and a Yamaha TX596 integrated stereo amp for my music listening pleasure, over a month ago. now i am thinking of upgrading my stereo system to a home theater system and was thinking of trading in my TX596 for the HTR5280 to power my speakers. if you've experienced with the HTR5280 (or similar reciever), i welcomed your feedback/opinions. thanks

I have had the RXV-800 for almost a year now. For the sake of argument, it is the same model as the HTR-5280 (You can go to Yamaha's website in the Receiver section under FAQ's, there you will find the explanation of the minute differences). I have been totally pleased with the power, sound and flexibility of this receiver. The remote is the only drawback but it can be whupped! Speakers: KLF-20's, KLF-C7, RCR-5's, Velo CT-120.

ROCK ON!

I have had a HTR-5280 now since May and absolutely love it. I am pushing a pair of KG 5.5's up front with a KV-4 center and a pair of KG .5's for surrounds. The system rocks without much power output at all.

The receiver has digital volume control and takes some getting used to as it goes in db increments and seems to take awhile to turn up or down.

The remote control is a bit weird, but I solved that problem with a Pronto, couldn't be happier. I also got it for a steal, as the local store pricematched the internet and I got it for $569.

Biggest drawback of this receiver is it doesn't remember volume inputs, so when you switch from a Dolby Digital source to a Pro Logic source, you may get blasted out of the room, there can be as much as a 15 db difference in volume.

------------------

"Love my KG 5.5's"