Walk the Line DTS kicks...

chuckears

I don't remember this from the theater (I think I saw it on a smaller, older screen); the bass from the live music on the Walk the Line DVD was tremendous, from the opening bassline at Folsom Prison, through the other "live venue" performances. My only complaint was that the volume at which I had it set based on the opening was not sufficient to allow some of the quieter, whispered dialogue later on to be discernible.

I was like a kid in the candy store when I saw the DTS option in the menu... I wish all DVD's were so endowed, but unfortunately the industry doesn't care enough about the audiophile demographic... a pity, since I was looking forward to a DTS Pride and Prejudice, having seen it in a DTS auditorium, and being impressed by the clear and life-like ambience. No such option on that disc.

These are two discs that are definitely worth picking up this week... I spent more at one time on DVDs than I have since Holiday shopping; picked up NewsRadio Season 3 at the same time...

I saw the movie in November when I went home to NY for Thanksgiving. I loved it and I have been eagerly awaiting the release of the DVD ever since. I have to say the DTS soundtrack is great, especially on the musical performances! I am also pleasantly surprised that on the special edition the deleted scenes are fully produced and in 5.1. Overall a very nice package and is one of my favorites in my collection of about 350 discs. Highly recommended!!