Anybody here have an extra speaker?

snilsen13

I've decdided to buy a mono tube amp and tuner (Bell 2315) for the heck of it, maybe the karma will come around and somebody'll buy the Scot. Anyhow, it's for work. We don't listen in stereo, but we listen all day, so the SS has to go. Anybody here have a beat up old extra (meium to smaller size) that they can let go of for a song?

-Steven

PS. (at home) I'm really pleased with the Forte 1a class A sound. Very smooth and enjoyable, sounds good on low volumes and is much closer to sounding as detailed as tubes. Shame I'm at work all the time lately.

Aloha,

I am also looking for a single Forte to use as a center channel. Maybe we could go in on a pair on here or ebay or something and split them. I would buy a pair and just keep the other, but i live in Hawaii and the shippping is a killer.

Let me know.

Whereabouts (region-wise) are you? If you're in central/northern New England, I'll bet I could help you out...

EDIT: This is the single I am thinking of:

I have a single "Audio Concepts" kit-built three-way speaker. Nice sealed cabinet with good drivers. Not Klipsch efficient, but not junk either. Too big to ship though.

A server crash claimed the photos, but you can read a little about it in this thread at Audiokarma:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13800&highlight=mystery

I also have lots of nice vintage drivers, but generally no appropriate cabinets for them.

EDIT^2 I think he's talking about the Forte 1a amplifier, not Klipsch Forte speakers :-)

I've decdided to buy a mono tube amp and tuner (Bell 2315) for the heck of it, maybe the karma will come around and somebody'll buy the Scot. Anyhow, it's for work. We don't listen in stereo, but we listen all day, so the SS has to go. Anybody here have a beat up old extra (meium to smaller size) that they can let go of for a song? -Steven PS. (at home) I'm really pleased with the Forte 1a class A sound. Very smooth and enjoyable, sounds good on low volumes and is much closer to sounding as detailed as tubes. Shame I'm at work all the time lately.

Here's a pair that looks like they might go for song, and maybe a little dance too....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5872438085&indexURL=7&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Just think, some schmuck just paid over $800 for a refurbished pair from "HOPE" Arkansas, Ooooweee factory fresh refurb's for $800 versus Epay goldies for $350 and probably less.... Hmmm tuff decision.[;)]