Thinking of moving my current Rears to Fronts and Visa Versa (RF-3 & RP-5)

Tim_in_NC

Hi Guys...

For some time now I've been running my RP-5s as my Front Main Speakers and my RF-3s as my rear speakers. I'm not sure why, but I've never rotated the RP-5s to the rear and the RF-3s to the front...

Do you all think this would be a worthwhile move? I should still be able to use the Subs in the RP-5s via running them to the sub out... however, I think my internal receiver settings might affect the overall Bass somewhat. I believe that I currently have the Bass set as being driven by the Front L/R and Sub option in my HK...

Here are the appropriate specs...

RP-5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
25Hz-20kHz±3dB
POWER HANDLING:
150 watts maximum continuous (400 watts peak)
SENSITIVITY:
96dB @ 1watt/1meter
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE:
8 ohms
TWEETER:
K-105-K 1" (2.54cm) Titanium dome compression driver
HIGH FREQUENCY HORN:
90°x60° Tractrix® Horn
MIDRANGE:
K-1084-S 8" (20.32cm) Aluminum cone / cast polymer frame
SUBWOOFER:
K-1087-K 12" (30.48cm) Fiber-composite cone

RF-3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
37Hz-20kHz±3dB
POWER HANDLING:
150 watts maximum continuous (600 watts peak)
SENSITIVITY:
98dB @ 1watt/1meter
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE:
8 ohms
TWEETER:
K-105-K 1" (2.54cm) Titanium dome compression driver
HIGH FREQUENCY HORN:
6" square 90°x60° Tractrix® Horn
WOOFER:
Two K-1083-SB 8" (20.32cm) Cerametallic® cone / cast polymer frame

I currently have the "sub out" from the HK going to the LFE IN to my Left RP-5 Sub and then the LFE OUT from that Sub going to the LFE IN to my Right RP-5 Sub (each of these cable lengths are no more than 5 to 6 feet)...

If I move the RP-5s to the rear... Then I could do this same type connection... but the cable length from the HK "sub out" to the LFE IN of the Left Rear would be 8 to 10 feet and the cable length from the LFE OUT of the Left Rear to the LFE IN to the Right Rear would be approx. 15 to 20 feet...

If this length is too great... could I just use a Y adapter from the "sub out" of the HK and run a 10 foot cable to both the LFE IN of the Left and Right Rear RP-5 ???

Thanks,

TIM