new La Scala II - anybody buy or hear them yet

mbajner

Up to a point, matching a sub with a La Scala for lower level listening and movies can work quite well in some smaller rooms. But give the La Scala some curry (spl's), the La Scala just takes off leaving most subwoofers with their cones in tatters.

The question was: Are the new ones selling?

Klipsch discontinued the old ones for a while (I bought mine just before that), but now the old ones are back for sale. A quick comparison between the old and the new seems to show me that they both use the same speakers, drivers, horns, and networks; and the specs are basically the same - I suspect they sound the same for low and moderate volumes. The II's might drive a couple of Hz lower at high volume because of the thicker bass bin build (but I'm all SET, so... ).

Now compare the price... If the II's were not selling during the time the old ones were withdrawn, how well can they sell when the old ones are now back? Not sure what they were thinking, but I can't imagine a circumstance which would impel someone to buy the LaScala II (Lottery winners? But wouldn't they get KHorns?)

Editorial: I prefer the look of the old style, and with music on vinyl through SETs they have perfect bass (not exaggerated as per the modern trend.)

Pauln

my update on this. I called Klipsch and asked them to send me veneer samples for the LaScala II. A few days later, received a small box from Hope containing veneers on 3/4 mdf board. the veneers are Walnut, Cherry and Black. I was leaning towards the Cherry from the pics on the Klipsch site but after seeing these samples the Walnut does look good too. Do not care for Black speakers.

Still have not seen or heard them yet. Working on my local dealer into getting a demo pair.

Any luck with the La Scala ll's yet? Relating to the veneer choices, what I would like to see are pictures of each finish posted on the product page. I know it's early days since the initial release, but just a thought for the future. The La Scala ll depicted below is obviously cherry - but I wonder what the walnut would look like...

LaScalaII_lifestyle_large.jpg