a good audio-related book

ranjith

I was browsing through my univ's library and came across this dusty worn-out little book called Hi-Fi Loudspeakers and Enclosures by Abraham B.Cohen. I read it for an hour or so and decided to take it out for a few weeks. It is an excellent read for anyone wanting basic knowledge of speakers, enclosures, room treatments, crossover, dampening and all the fundamentals. It even extensively covers the theory on horn loaded speakers and has a bunch of comparisons. I havent read a whole lot yet but from flipping through I found a section on the folded-horn LF section design of the Klipschorn for 2 or 3 pages. Very interesting, the author also talks about folded-horn designs of the University Classic, Dean, and the Lee Catenoid system. Also a lot of information on enclosure types, port design and tuning, resonance and all sorts of "goodies". I'm quite excited to start reading every page, will take me a few days along with school work and other social activities to get through this book. It also contains excellent graphs for comparison between different designs and such. I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to learn the fundamentals, it can be found used on Amazon I think.

Any further suggestions on other books are very welcome, I'm still a rookie so nothing too technical yet. I need to learn the basics thoroughly.