Just bought a htr-5280 for promedias..Thumbs up or down

elgrillo

get a ground loop isolator for the cable tv cable. it's an f-pin transformer that u screw into the cable where it enters the room. i've tried a mondial magic &

a jensen at www.jensentransformers.com they run 50-$100 but give better picture & sound.

radio shack may have one. most audio shops should too.

just make sure it's an f-pin type for cable tv.

------------------

What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?

My Home Systems Page

ok. what you can do is this. al the things that at some point touch the receiver shoud get their poewr form teh same outlet. get a monster cable surge protecter made for thiskinda stuff. they are not cheap but will work great, filters any dirty poewr too.

then plugg al lthe stuff into the monster cable thing and see if it all works

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional help you want email Amy or call her toll free @ 1-888-554-5665

Please Boa, please tell me that there is a cheaper solution to this. $50 is alot for me now that I have spent $880 for speakers and a reciever. I don't care too much about improving my the quality of my cable TV picture, right now I just want to be able to get a clean sound when watching dvd's.

I appreciate all your help, but what is it exactly that I need I went to the jensen transformer site and, I guess it would be a video isolator. But which one do I need, or better yet which is the cheapest one that will take away the hum. Is it a CATV RF Isolator

,Baseband-Composite Video Isolator, or CAT-5 Transmitter/Receiver. Thanks

yea it's a cable tv isolator. like here http://polkaudio.tranguard.com/details.asp?item_id=2755

thought i saw it a few $ cheaper somewhere. u may be able to find a cheaper brand but they do vary in quality of picture/sound quality. a lot of 'em out there though. check w/ a local hi-fi shop. mine said they had one for around $20 but don't know how good quality it is.

------------------

What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 10-29-2001 at 02:58 AM

I have been tossing and turning for some time, and I don't know if I am approaching this properly. I am so indecisive..........Well what do you guys think if I return my promedias and get a sub instead. I just purchased the Yamaha htr-5280 for $500 and I can play the promedias with dts material, but I feel as if I am wasting the yamaha reciever, by just using it to do the decoding for my pros. So what do you think that I should get to go along with my reciever. I already have a set of fisher bookshelves and their not the best, but I figure that I will get my system in pieces. What should be my next buy? sub, rears, or center? or should I get a less expensive reciever and maybe get better quality speakers? My price limit is still $800, so I already spent $500 on a reciever leaving me 300 for an extra, or I can get a cheaper yamaha and spend only $400 or $300 on the reciever, leaving me with $400 or $500 for an extra. please help?