Klipsch KPT-684 Advice

ancientdude

That is quite the frightening monster, and is clearly capable of some MONSTROUS output. On the other hand, it really doesnt go too low. You would probably be ok if you just use it for music, but it might have a tendancy to sound slightly boomy. That and it would be downright sucidal to use that to its full capabilities in a relatively small home theater. If I might ask, how much do they want for it?

I am using somewhat similar cabinets in my HT with Cornwalls - 2 JBL 4638 low frequency reinforcement cabinets (2 15" each). With tweaking, they can be put to effective use.......but it took quite a bit of tweaking - and the understanding that these are not true subwoofers: I get flat response down to about 30 hz.....down four db at 25. I cut them off below 20, to avoid any excess excursion of the woofers.

BUT -

I also paid $430 for BOTH cabinets, they are seemingly uncontrollable beasts until EQ'd properly, and they are not for the impatient. I would not recommend this for most - but its the best $700 total LFE package you'll ever see for those with the patience to tweak it. It does provide very impressive LFE for my six Cornwall HT. It took two days of room mapping and test tone measurements (not to mention time researching the project) to make it sound good.

Not the "book way" to get from point A to point B, but I made it work.