Sell everything or go for reference surround and center?

Purchased rf 35 floor speakers and for surround the quintet II set about 2 years ago, well have tinkered with settings and finally came to realize the rf 35 are just a lot more powerful than the quintets and therefore I am getting really SUCKY surround, barely can even hear surround speakers. Am wondering if I am expecting too much out of my speakers by expecting more "surround" or I need to bite the bullet and purchase the reference surrounds and center. My main question is I already invested money in quintets and will lose rear selling them but will the reference series be worth the money?? I absolutely love my floor speakers and do not want to sell entire sound system, but I never listen to them. I dont want to purchase these nicer speakers, not really get that much more sound and then be mad i spent that much more money. Thank you for any advice you can give

Purchased rf 35 floor speakers and for surround the quintet II set about 2 years ago, well have tinkered with settings and finally came to realize the rf 35 are just a lot more powerful than the quintets and therefore I am getting really SUCKY surround...

I believe you purchased the wrong surround speakers and if you love your RF-35's but don't listen to your system THAT is easily the problem. You didn't mention what you were using as your center, but if it's part of the quintet series you should be ecstatic by upgrading to the Reference series. The RC-35 and RS-35's have just been discontinued and you should be able to find a closeout price in retail stores. They should also give you a time limit that you can return them and get your money back if you are not satisfied.