Will I be happy with Sub-12

tommiwan

I have Rf-35's currently, and don't really have $1000 to drop on a nice reference sub. My question is, with the mains that I have, would I be happy with a sub-12 (the synergy series sub from best buy)?

I hear a lot of people say negative things about the sub-12 (only in comparison to the reference line) but it's a big jump to go up to an RSW 12.

Tell us more!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

In your system profile, please post # of channels now and planned, amps, subs, room size, acoustic treatments, EQ, music source (iPod, PC, DVD, etc.), your age, music and movie preferences, percent of movie versus music listening.

In needing to downsize -- my living room seems to be shrinking -- I gave up my SVS 2039 for the Klipsch SUB12. Spec-wise, the SVS dips a bit lower, but the Klipsch's output seems to be a bit tighter, more controlled. Needless to say, I'm extremely pleased with the Sub12. It's definitely worth a consideration, especially at its price-point.

• 3 weeks later...

The Sub 12 (and Sub 10 for that matter) use a larger enclosure than the earlier KSW models. The amplifier power and driver quality are very high and these subs go very deep and are low in distortion. I think the Sub 10 and Sub 12 are the "sleepers" in our line. They're quite good.