Hooking up the 4.1 to your precious Ps2...

BLoo

Hi,

I just optained a new set of speakers, namely the Klipsch Promedia 4.1...of course. Now there is my question: I want ot use them with my Ps2 but It's unclear for me how so...what kind of connection (cable) do I need? Is it even possible to connect them to the Ps2?

Thanks for your help in advance...

BLoo

This message has been edited by BLoo on 10-29-2001 at 01:53 PM

A PS2 is an IBM computer yes? I assume it has a sound card and out ports too yes? You may have to get a Y connector at any store, Radio Shack, Best Buy etc. you'll place both cables into the two connections on the Y and place the one left pin into the out of the sound card.

------------------

Jerry

okay

if you want surround you wold need to get the audio tornado from the klipsch store, buy a optical cable, and connect the audio tornado to the optical port on the ps2. make sure to enable the optical port in the ps2 OS.

if you want stereo sound, look for a Stereo rca to mini plug converter from radio shack, plug the red rca jack to the red plug and the white jack to the white plug. stick the other end of the converter toeither your soundcard input port or the side of the main speaker where it has a musical note. good luck!

ps ps2 has an optical port... duh?

there are a few ways, i mean you obciousely cant et DD 5.1, so there is not point ont getting the AT, get some RCA phono to stero minijack wires and hook your PS2 into the computer audio signal in, your sound card will then send it to all 5 channels. or be a man, step up to the GTXP 6.1 setup, get a 5.1 sysem, and throw your PS2 away for a XBOX, and enjoy! lol

for the PS2, i would get an audigy, take the optical out from your PS2, go to the optical in of the audigy, horrible card, but it decodes DD, and enjoy!

------------------

LAKERS SEASON BEGINS!

are you fools ready to be dominated?

I SAID SHUT UP, Action! I'll show you Mr. "i go to the best public university"