Vertical Horn Cornwall II's and Shorthorn find

Dave in ABQ

I think you may be right Mike. I have a beatiful 1950's University speaker in my bedroom set up as a mono system with an old sweet sounding Sony receiver a turntable and a reel to reel. I might give some thought to selling that and keeping the Shorthorn. The Univerisy has a much higher WAF though. I'll have to post a picture of it tomorrow.

Thanks Michael, I dig the silver too.

Mike L, close but no banana! [:)] The reciver on the left is a Sansui 9090DB, the one on its right is a Pioneer SX-950. My flash sort of killed the details and makes them hard to see. I had a G8000, but I had to sell it. [:(] I bet you miss your too. Those G8000 are one of the manliest receivers ever made. 55 pounds of monster receiver.

On the other side of the room is my Scott 299 thats still waiting to be sent for a tune up and my new Mac 1700. Spread throughout the house is a smattering of more audio peices than I can use or keep. I hate selling gear, but I can't help buying goodies when I find them and need to keep some funds in the bank. I have a collection though that wont be sold (unless I find something I like better!). Besides selling helping pay the bills, it alows me to keep goodies like my Khorn, Fortes etc. for ME!!

Captn Bob, I'm not sure myself. When I first saw it, I didn't even know what the Shorthorn was. A little seraching and I sooun found out. All the drivers and the crossover do have a Klipsch inspected label on them if that means anything.

Chris, very nice of you regarding the dimensions. If I decide to keep the Shorty, I'd like to have some pics or plans for those front/side panels. The more I think about it, I might sell my Universiy and put the Klipsch in my bedroom instead. The woofer is the 103LX bye the way. Whats the difference?

My understanding is that the 103LX is 8 Ohms DCR, while the 103LX2 is 4 Ohms DCR.

My '59 Shorties have the 103LX's, but other forum members have ones

with the 103LX2's (roughly equivalent to an early K-33, I'm told).

Biggest difference I imagine would be the network.