RC-7 Dented Woofer

ptpskm

I just received my RC-7 in a box that did not appear to be damaged. Upon inspection I noticed that one of the cerametallic cone woofers has a dent. I am pretty sure that I know the answer but I thought I would ask anyway. Is the dent going to effect the sound?

Thanks for your assistance.

Paul

Paul,

There seems to be a real problem with RC-7s and shipping. The first RC-7 I got was seriously damaged in shipping, the second one was smashed on the top of the cabinet (een though the shipping box didn't look that bad), and now I've been waiting weeks for a third and it doesn't look like I'll be getting it anytime soon. It's been a pretty bad experience.

However, the RC-7 is a great quality speaker in a beautiful cabinet, and you paid quite a bit for it. Whether the dent affects the sound or not, I would hold out for a unit without a dent. It's not like you bought it used from a gorilla with a sledgehammer at a swap meet. Good luck!

i had a dented woofer on one of my RF-3's. they were fine when i had them shipped. but i let my younger brother play with them at one time, bad idea, come back and notice two small dents in one of the woofers. couldn't notice a difference in sound quality. BUT, i had a small party at my house when my parents were out one day and of course that demands loud, ear splitting music...that was another bad idea, the woofer blew, it was pretty ugly, got some pictures of it. i'd recommend u get a replacment one. i wasn't smart enough to get from an authorized dealer (went for a cheap online deal), so had to pay 70 bucks for a replacement woofer from klipsch (although i compliment their customer service)

kriton

------------------

System is small, but working on it...

Yamaha HTR 5250

Pair RF-3

Speakers from Klipsch v.200 computers as surround...

Monster cable all around

Digital cable

RC-3 is next

That's all i can afford for now, better than most college systems...