Texas Klipsch Gathering in 6 weeks

jbsl

Just wanted to remind anyone who will be coming that the Texas Klipsch Gathering is in 6 weeks, June 3 in Austin, Tx.

Please send me a email if you are planning to attend and give me a list of any speakers or equipment you will bring.

A week before the TKG I will email everyone directions and phone numbers.

We will have La Scalas upstairs and Cornwalls downstairs and Travis sounds like he is doing his best to find a pair of KHorns to buy. So maybe KHorns also.

I will post another reminder in two weeks and one more after that.

Travis has a turntable and Eric is bring his so bring some of your favorite records and cds!

James:

I also have a very nice, also quite small, single-ended 6BQ5 stereo amp that would be easy to send. The 6BQ5 really a great tube, and this single-ended application is similar in output power to your Moondogs, just a tad more at 4 watts/channel. If there was someone up there who liked it and wanted to borrow it for a few weeks, that would be fine, too.

It would involve more work for shipping, but Austin isn't so far, and I could maybe ship up my Moondogs for you all to compare with your pair. The only difference, really, are the coupling capacitors. I have Kimbercaps in mine, whereas you have the Jensen types. Who knows, you might like the sound of the poly capacitors in mine, and we could arrange a Saturday to install them in yours if you want. Come by our place and watch the work done! Actually, you can solder them in yourself if you want to try it. It may be that the Moondogs are turned into a pair of 300B amps by that time -- actually probably by next week sometime, but that would be cool, too!

....I wish Marie and I could come up ourselves.

Erik

• Moderators

Eric,

Sorry to hear you are not going to be able to make it. I was really hoping to be able to meet you! What ever you would like to send we would love to try!!!!!!! You can send it to my office and we will sure it gets safely cared for.

My wife Kelly and I are looking forward to having everyone over and meeting everyone. I have already had a chance to talk to a couple of folks already and it sounds like we are going to have a lot of interesting stuff to listen to and talk about.

If anyone has any specific questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Travis

Travis:

Thanks, it would have been nice to meet you, as well. I'm having some work done on my back at the end of May, and will be pretty much confined for a few weeks afterwards.

I was thinking about this yesterday: Since there are going to be more than one pair of speakers, maybe it would be neat/fun/interesting to try a center channel by way of PWK's 'minibox'. I gave mine away, and used the parts I had in another for something else, but could build one to send up, maybe include it with that little single-ended amp I mentioned before. I in fact used that very amp, with it's outputs bridged for about 8 watts, as the center channel amplifier. It's volume control should be turned mostly all the way up, and then the potentiometer on the minibox is used to balance the center with the main stereo pair. If a Corwall is used the amp could just sit on top of it. I can make the necessary cables, too.

Maybe you guys/gals could do a drawing of names-in-a-hat at the end of the day, and the winner keeps the minibox! I probably have all the parts I need right now. It would just add something else to do at the gathering, and some might really like what they hear.

Erik

I have some belle's I would consider bringing.....they are in a

modified setup now with 805 altecs and 2404 jbls....but I can set them

up to original in 1hr or less....I would bring the alk universal

networks instead of the the es500T and es5800 I am currently

using....also have some heresy II with homemade networks to

bring.....thanks -Al

post-16859-13819295467474_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Erik,

You will be in our thoughts at the end of May. We would love to have a "minibox" to use and give away at the end of the event. Thank you for the offer, very nice of you to offer with everything else you have going on. If you are short on the parts, please let me know the cost of what it will cost to complete it so I can send you a check. Are you going to be sending the amps to try? If so I can return the checks when we send the amps back.

Let me know whatever I need to do to help you.

Travis

• Moderators

I have some belle's I would consider bringing.....they are in a modified setup now with 805 altecs and 2404 jbls....but I can set them up to original in 1hr or less....I would bring the alk universal networks instead of the the es500T and es5800 I am currently using....also have some heresy II with homemade networks to bring.....thanks -Al

Bring em ALL!!! Or whatever you are comfortable with. I think we were hoping that you would bring at least the Heresy's so we can compare them with a stock set that someone else is bringing. If you are not up for bringing the Belles maybe you could bring the ALK's so that we can A/B them in my LaScala's. If you bring the Belle's we will have the room and manpower to rotate them in on the set up on the first floor.

Travis