thebes

It's a new week and time to find something new to listen to. And

what better way to find it than by following some suggestions by your

fellow forum mates.

Format's simple: Name of artist or group, name of album, type of

music as best you can (rock, blues etc.), and recording format (cd, lp

etc.)

As usual I'll start it off with:

I may have listed this one before, but I continue to enjoy this cd throughly so what the hey.

Chris Isaak, "Forever Blue", cd, "50's pop/rock.

Not recorded in the 50's, thank God, because the recording values on

this one are absolutetly superb. Chris Isaak channeling, and I

mean channeling, Ricki Nelson. I've got a couple of his other

works, but they don't even begin to compare.

Try it, try it, try it. Don't matter your musical tastes I think you'll like it.

So what do you have to share this week?

I would really like to find a new CD worth writing about, but I can't, so I stick with what I know best, old classic stuff;

Layla and assorted love songs; Derek and the Dominos CD

It doesn't get much better than this offering from Derek. A few of the Dominos are in God's Band, but old EC is still with us. Tell me, does Twin lead guitars send a chill down your spine? How could you not like Eric Clapton and Duane Allman together? How about the old Fender vs Gibson comparision? I personally did not like this album when first released, but over time, it has become one of my favorites. Real songs about real feelings, some of Clapton's better song writng. Eric and Duane spend alot of time playing off each other, Fender leads, Gibson follows, then a Gibson lead, and Eric follows with that Clapton/Fender sound only HE gets, just great stuff. Layla tends to be the main song people remember, but songs like,Have You ever Loved A woman, Bell Bottom Blues,Little Wing, and Nobody Knows You When Your Down and Out, are CLASSIC Clapton. I know he didn't write them all, but he damn sure plays them. Do yourself a favor, break out this album LP or Cd, it doesn't matter, put it on, give a listen, maybe even turn up the volume abit, see if a smile doesn't appear. If you don't own it, BUY IT.