Mission Impossible

LousyTourist

a low cost sub that will work with my Klipschorns. I don't listen to music loud, and were I to get in the mood to shake the walls I would happily shut down the sub.

I am told a HSU subwoofer is a good model, and there is one for sale direct from factory for about $699.

I am not opposed to buying used.

I only want (and this is blue skyish) 20-32hz reproduced by the sub. The khorns do the rest.

Am I dreaming?

• 4 weeks later...

I would not say you are dreaming....my THX reciever allows LF frequencies to be sent to the LF sub-woofer at any cross over point between 40HZ and 140HZ. When set to 40HZ.....there is substatial program material there (depending on the source DVD or broadcast) to let the sub woofer add value. So if your reciever has an adjustable crossover point for the LF channel...your objective is possible.

LT,

No not dreaming at all,you said you do not listen at ear tear volume. So yes a HSU VTF3 will do the job. And you can tune it to be a solid performer deep.

Also the taller cylinder SVS subs would do.Reach deep and cost little.

Just do not cheapen up too much,as subs below that point are a poor match for K-Horns.