SONY SCD-C333 ES CD/Sacd 5disc Player MINT

Born2RockU

Born2, I have been wanting to ask you this for awhile, this might not be the right thread to ask this on, but I have to ask; What drummer or drummers had the biggest impact on you that made you take up the Drums? Every time I see your Drum kit I wonder, so I have to ask, you don't have to respond, I didn't want to tie up your e-mail with this, I have a feeling your a busy man.

Born2, I have been wanting to ask you this for awhile, this might not be the right thread to ask this on, but I have to ask; What drummer or drummers had the biggest impact on you that made you take up the Drums? Every time I see your Drum kit I wonder, so I have to ask, you don't have to respond, I didn't want to tie up your e-mail with this, I have a feeling your a busy man.

OLDBUCKSTER :

Actually this Sunday morning I am NOT busy. (what a relief) I still have some session work to do in few hours, but until then I can just relax and take in this beautiful Houston, Texas morning.(clear BLUE sky's with a temperture of 58 degrees )

Ok,...what influenced me to start drumming?

Some 39 years ago, my oldest brother ( 7 years my senior) was my room mate since I came from a huge family of 6 boys. (we have two sets of twins in the family, so me and my oldest brother were the only "singles"...thus, paired up as room mates) Obviously, there was a huge difference in age with him being 7 years my senior, I was then 8 and he was 15 years old. Anyway, he had a band (my brother played Bass Guitar) and I had always hung out at heir rehearsals in the garage. TO make a long story short, I ended up being influenced by HIS drummer , acting as "roadie" for him. My first true experience around drums; I was a roadie at the age of 8 !

But mainly my first impression and influencial LIVE performing drummer was ....when my parents took me to a Jazz concert when I was 10 years old to see the "worlds greatest drummer"-the infamous Buddy Rich. That was all it took....I WAS HOOKED !

I pickup up the drumsticks and never put them down. Talk about obsessive -compulsive. I was a freak when it came to drumming and music.

So, my biggest musical drumming influences at that young age were Buddy Rich, John Bonham (Zepplin), and Don Brewer (Grand Funk Railroad); ... then later Ian Paice (Deep Purple) , Tommy Aldridge (Black Oak Arkansas), Carl Palmer (Emerson, Lake and Palmer), and then the infamous Neil Peart (RUSH) !

Thanks so much for the trip down memory lane. For information on me and my carreer...or, to just stay in touch....please correspond directly thru my web site www.CraigLeMay.com (also, if you want information on any of those drummer...go to my web site "BIO" and click on their links)

LATEST NEWS:

I have just release an incredible book on the drum music of Queensryche. Hope you get a chance to pick one up.

Thanx again ! ...that was a great question.

Craig,

Come on you know it was the chicks that got you drumming[:)]

Good One , Craig ! (honestly at the age of 8, I didn't know what a female was ! )

...By the way...did ya see what that MINT beast (SONY SCD-C333 ES ) went for ?

My jaw is still draggin' on the floor !

...That might explain the answer to the question as to why I use EBay, instead of the Forum.

I didn't hear back from ya, so I assumed you didn't find any body interested in this beauty.

Hope all is well...and have a great weekend !