Upgraded my source componets

Thanks for all of your recomemndations. They were helpful.

After

some thought, I ordered an Rega Apollo CD player from Uptown Audio in Ronaoke VA. Very

nice folks on the phone line. They have a lot of high end gear and

specialize in analog. They have 6 complete analog displays in their

show room. The owner said the Rega is the most analog sounding CD

player he has ever heard including players up to several times its

price.

I ordered one. I will update you all as to how it sounds.

good listening all,

Which one of your 3 systems is it going in?

BTW, I was also looking at the Planet 2000 player myself, but decided to go ahead and get started on my custom center channel project instead. Oh well... Maybe one of these days.

Thanks for all of your recomemndations. They were helpful.

After some thought, I ordered an Rega Apollo CD player from Uptown Audio in Ronaoke VA. Very nice folks on the phone line. They have a lot of high end gear and specialize in analog. They have 6 complete analog displays in their show room. The owner said the Rega is the most analog sounding CD player he has ever heard including players up to several times its price.

I ordered one. I will update you all as to how it sounds.

good listening all,

I too am in the market for a new CD player and the Rega Apollo looks like it's going to be the one.

I have heard a lot about the EastSound E5 and how great a player it is, but if it needs any service it's looks to me like it might be questionable.

I do wish that I could find one for something lower than $995.00. (There's somehting in my that hates to pay retail for anything!)

Good luck

klipsch

It's going to drop your jaw.

I will agree with Dean on this. I've had mine for some time now and have been impressed with how smooth and extended the presentation is. It replaces my original Rega Planet, and it is several leaps ahead of the original Planet. I think you're going to enjoy it.

Klipsch out.

hi,

It'll probably be in the living room with the Forte speakers and the Cary SLI-80 as this is the system that gets the most use. I'll try it first with the Cornwalls and Wright mono 3.5s just to get an idea of how "bad" the old Kyocera player is.

The B&W speakers and the Soundcraftsman amp & pre is an anaolg being used with a Music Hall MMF-5.

Which one of your 3 systems is it going in?

BTW, I was also looking at the Planet 2000 player myself, but decided to go ahead and get started on my custom center channel project instead. Oh well... Maybe one of these days.