Need help!!!

Gavel

I've got a mess...here is the deal. I bought a complete

Promedia Ultra 5.1 system off of eBay. However, the seller didn't ship the subwoofer

with the rest of the system. After going around and around for weeks with this

seller, they agree to send me another Klipsch sub, "if they could

find one". So they sent me a Promedia GMX D-5.1. I didn't notice the

difference until I tried to hook it up and surprise...that won't work. So I

have a sub that takes a 9-pin DIN (& SWS out) connection, and no decoder. I

also have a Promedia 2.1 sub that takes a 6-pin DIN connection. I've got a

great harmon/kardon AVR 310 receiver; I just can't connect to it! I've

got a bundle invested in a system with no bass, and I'm seriously wondering why

I broke a long standing rule I made for myself: "Only buy Sony

electronics; that way you'll never have any interoperability problems."

So, does anyone have a solution that will bring my system to life? I have a ton

of connectors/cords; just not sure where to start.

Send it back and get the correct one,sorry for your trouble but they have to send you the right one,the one you thought you were getting and the one that works.I would raise hell with them untill I got it right!!!

Greg

Make sure you tell him his feedback will suffer unless he makes it right!!!!

I can send the auction link, but here's the problem...logistics. Shipping this sub is costly, especially when I know I won't get the other sub. I've had problems with this seller before, which may or may not have let to this "mistake". (And I let their feedback suffer for it, and they did the same to me.) Anyway, the best I can hope for if I return the sub is for them to refund my money, minus the shipping cost of the sub.

I was really hoping I could make what I have work. Honestly, I didn't know anything about the prioritory nature of wiring the Klipsch components, or I would have never considered Klipsch from the beginning. I was basing my decision on reputation alone.

Guest BobG

It does not seem reasonable to blame Klipsch for your problem. We make several different multimedia speaker systems and each is a complete system. We have never intended for any parts to be mixed with parts from other systems and we sell them as complete packages only.

I believe Sony and other manufacturers would present similar issues if one tried to mix subassemblies of various products. If you purchase from a reputable supplier, you will not have problems.

Klipsch > Sony It not even a contest. No one would waste their time setting up the 2 systems to compare them. Dont blame Klipsch because you bought something off ebay where all parts where mixed around.

The reason I asked for the link (and I think also the reason he didn't give it to me) is because he probably didn't read the entire item description and went back later to realize that the sub wasn't included in the auction. Very common noobie mistake: not reading the whole description plus the fine print. I'll bet you a beer that's what it was.

I agree. Don't be angry at Klipsch. It's frustrating to get the weenie on ebay but just put it behind you. Although maybe you weenied yourself? ( is that a word? )

weenied- to be violated from behind[;)]

toodles

sadomy?

But yes do not be angry at klipsch. You brought it not from an authorized dealer and in no way has affliation with the company.