My newest addition (and yes a pic or two)

TheEAR

I always hear you say this but what about the Velodyne 1812? It has a 12 and a 18 and is supposedly crossed so the 12 does one band and the 18 does the low end

http://www.velodyne.com/velodyne/products/product.aspx?ID=3&sid=607e841n

In that case both drivers are not working over the same passband so you don't have the overlap issues. The reason behind the design probably has to do with the inability of the 18" driver to play higher frequencies well (cone-breakup) and it's a good marketing ploy to the mind of the audiophile (who wants "punch" and "depth" at the same time - watever that means).

True,Velodyne uses the dual drivers to appeal to the belief a 18" woofer is better at depth and a 12" ideal for punch.This is part BS,as you know a single 15" with a very long throw(like a Tumult) in a properly designed enclosure and with the correct matching amp will both go deep,play loud when needed and reach up to the measly 80Hz. [;)]

No fear,you see this is part of my gear,and part of the gear in this tiny room. [:P] I have a sickness,I buy gear,pile it up and will switch from one set to another during a day.

I am no audiophile,just a lunatic technophile.I can enjoy purity,transparency and yet I have the refined Dynaudio Contours with some loud obnoxious Klipsch. [8-|]

Just joking,I like Klipsch and thier products,and in the future I see some more Klipsch.

FYI: I did post a picture of my listening room, as it was a few years ago. Except for the walnut-oiled <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Cornwall 1s, with B2 crossovers Cornwalls, all of the loudspeakers were on loan from the manufacturers for review for EnjoyTheMusic.com. None of them were listened to in that configuration and most of the time, the other loudspeakers were removed from the room (except for quick side-by-side comparisons). [H]